Parallel Artist-Mother Show
September 15, 2020 @ 8:00 am - December 9, 2021 @ 11:30 pmFree
Submit your Applications by September 15th, 2020!
- Applications: By September 15th, 2020
- Installed: October 14th – December 9th, 2021
- Opening Gallery Night: October 15th, 2021
Message from the curators Bobbie Recob & Amber Pipkorn
You play a crucial role in creating our world as both an artist and a mother. We ask you to join us in bringing together a community of incredible women. Please share this with any artists that are mothers, ones you love, and respect. We will announce the final artists on October 15th 2020 by email. Artists not chosen for this particular show will still be invited to be a part of the silent auction (*please see more info below ) and welcomed into our new community of female artists.
Feel free to email us with any questions you may have and we look forward to hearing from you and creating an amazing show!
Additional Show Information:
- Number of pieces and space allowed per artist will be determined by the amount of artists chosen to be in the exhibit and detailed out by October 2021.
- Artist statements on the piece(s) will be required to explain the connection to motherhood; any aspect/theme/idea is welcomed!
- Each artist will be encouraged to price their own pieces for sale; the Arts Mill collects 35% of that price if sold during 10/14/21-12/09/21.
- We will also be holding a silent auction that will include made or repurposed floral vases; they will only be available the night of the gallery opening and all proceeds will go to a Milwaukee charity that assists mothers and their children.
- Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/parallelartistmother)
- Instagram: parallel_art_show